Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

11 Years

11 years ago today Lane asked me a shocking question that would lead to events unfolding to create the rest of my life! 11 years ago Lane wasn't going to have a girlfriend. He was never going to get married. He was never going to have kids. He was going to be a Marine and that was it - no other attachments. Can you believe that here we are now, 11 years later and how much has changed. A lot can happen in 11 years. In the past 11 years here are just some of the big things that I've done:

Gone to prom - Junior and Senior
Graduated high school and college
Attended 1 year of grad school - we didn't get along very well
Fallen in love
Gotten engaged
Gotten married
Attended Lane's OCS and TBS graduation ceremonies
Attended Lane's Winging ceremony
Attended many weddings
Attended a few funerals
Had 2 babies
Moved 6 times
Moved away from home - on Father's Day weekend. talk about emotional!
Visited and lived in (*) more states than ever - GA*, VA*, FL*, TX*, CA*, IL, IA, SC, NC, TN, MS, AL, NY, and NJ, CO, AZ, NM (off the top of my head)
Been out of the country - France, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic (twice)

And most recently I got to watch my husband take off in a C-130 for his first flight! I couldn't be more happy and I'll have pictures to share as soon as he gets home and I divulge the information to him that I took the kids down to watch - he had NO idea!!!! {I'm still getting goose bumps and butterflies in my stomach just thinking about how exciting it was to watch!}

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has been 11 years. I still remember Lane coming over to pick you and Parker up for school. He would lay on the couch til you guys came downstairs. I remember the day I came from our bedroom (with very few clothes on) and when I passed the couch, he sat up and scared the poo out of me.
    I am so thankful for Lane becoming a part of our family. I could not ask for a more kind son in law or a better father, husband and family provider. The two of you have made a wonderful family together and it warms my heart to know that wherever you go, your hearts will be with each other. Love you all - HSG

    ReplyDelete