Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Thank You


Each year on the Friday before Mother's Day the military world stops {or should stop} to recognize all of the men and women who stand beside the men and women who are willing to sacrifice everything to ensure that we maintain our freedoms. This day is known as Military Spouses Appreciation Day. On this day the spouses of all branches are recognized for their silent service provided to our country. No, we don't wear a uniform or answer {directly} to the chain of command. 

Some of us stay at home and provide for our families, while others get up and go to work to provide for our families. Any way you cut it, there are men and women who silently sacrifice everything for the freedoms provided to you by our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Coasties, and Airmen and they deserve your thanks too! So today, and every Friday before Mother's Day, hug a military spouse and thank them for their silent service.

The Silent Ranks


I wear no uniforms, no blues or CB greens,

But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders.
Salutes I do not give.
But the military world is the place where I live.

I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.
But my husband is the one that does,
this I cannot forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon,
who puts my life on the line.
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind.

My husband is a Marine, a brave and prideful man
and the call to serve his country, not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed
to keep this country free.
My husband makes this sacrifice,
but so do our kids and me.

I love the man I married. the Marine Corps is his way of life.
But I stand among the silent ranks
Known as the Marine's wife

No comments:

Post a Comment