Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Over It

This is the only way to explain how I feel about today. The good news now is that it's nap time and I might get a moment to sit and do nothing. Probably not with the way my day has gone thus far though.

We woke up at 7:30 {about 30 minutes to an hour early for Eden} and it was all down hill from there. She came into my room and I told her she could watch Gabba so she would stay quiet while her brother was still sleeping. He had nursed at 4, so he was good until at least 8 or 9. Gabba didn't work today, Eden woke up on the wrong side of the bed! She didn't want to watch Gabba, she didn't want to sit in our bed, she didn't want to do anything that I offered her this morning. She did, however, want to open and close my door a million and one times and pitch a fit when I asked her to stop. As you can imagine, Hunter woke up early today too.

Once we came downstairs to get breakfast, feed and let the dogs out, nurse Hunter I thought things could start to turn around. Nope. Eden didn't want to get dressed. She wanted a muffin, but then didn't eat it. While she was in the kitchen with me I heard her laugh an evil "I'm up to no good" laugh only to find her putting her toys that were small enough between the wall and the fridge. Are you serious? What part of that seemed like a good idea?! Because she wasn't treating her toys nicely, I decided that a toy timeout was necessary for the toys that were being mistreated. Eden got mad and threw toys. They went to timeout too. She eventually picked up on this and stopped treating her toys like garbage and turned into her angelic self. This was good, we had errands to run. I made sure Hunter was dressed super cute for our outing, look at him!
First stop today was Home Depot. Hunter was a mess when we got into the parking lot, so I had to coax him to sleep. I covered his eyes and he was golden! Eden must not have wanted him to sleep at all today because she woke him up and breathed crackers all over him! {She has a runny nose so she can only breathe through her mouth right now. Crackers and mouth breathing don't mix well.} So, Hunter woke up and needed to be fed. I decided I would feed him at our second stop - Old Navy.

We get into the Old Navy parking lot and Hunter is letting me know how hungry he really is. There's no stopping the tears until he's eating. I got into the back seat of the car and nursed him. Eden wanted to climb over the seat into the back which I wasn't happy about, but dealt with. Then she wanted to come back up front, then go to the back, then come up front. You get it. Back and forth was the name of the game. When she wanted to come back up front I told her that if she did she couldn't go back into the back again. She came to the front, but where did she really want to be? In the back, but she chose to be in the front. It was a struggle and I almost gave in {remember, I'm still nursing Hunter!} but I wouldn't let myself because it was a choice she was given and she chose. I tried to use this as a teaching moment about making wise choices and all that jazz because I wanted to drill in the fact that she was the reason she was sad, not Mommy.

Hunter finished nursing and I wanted to change him before going into the store. As I lifted him up to lay him down Eden asked if Hunter had pooped. I told her that no he hadn't he just needed a new diaper because he peed. Well, I was wrong. She wasn't asking, she was telling me - He had pooped! He hadn't just pooped a little, he had pooped a TON! The only thing I could do as I was trying to change him was laugh. Literally, there was nothing else to do. If I had been home I probably would have cut the onsie off him and tossed it out because it was that bad. I couldn't figure out how to take the shirt off of him without getting it everywhere. If you don't believe me, take a look!
When it was all said and done, there was poop on the seat, on me, on his cheek {yes, on his face!}, on his feet, on his legs, on his stomach, up his back, on his shoulder, and on his arm. Everywhere. Eden and I just laughed as I held him up by his arms {thank goodness he's started slightly supporting his weight on his legs recently} and wiped him down with all the wipes I had {thank goodness I had a full thing of wipes!}

We ran into Old Navy, got what we needed, spent too much money {when do we not} and then headed back to the car to go home. While I was unloading the paint and the clothes from our errands Eden was in and out of the house, Hunter was in his car seat in the house and the dogs were trying to escape. When I finally got the last of everything in the house Eden was standing outside the bathroom door with wet legs. Yep, she peed herself. Ugh, as if the poop wasn't enough for today I now had to clean up her accident too. And she made sure to tell me, "Mommy, I pee on foor." Ok, you sure did and I had laundry to take care of from Hunter anyways so it wasn't a huge deal, just annoying.

Now that we were home, everyone had gone to the bathroom {in inappropriate places} and it was time for lunch. Oh yeah, this has all happened before lunch today. We're nothing short of exciting in this house!!! I made grilled cheese for lunch while moving Hunter from one seat to another in hopes that I can get and keep him calm while I'm making lunch. Eden wants juice, but not the juice she has, she wants juice with a straw. She's admitting that she's tired {who wouldn't be after the morning we've had so far!?} so I know I need to take advantage of getting a nap out of her while I can. I nurse Hunter as Eden and I eat lunch so I can get as much accomplished as possible. Big mistake! He had another blow out. This time all over me! I was holding his bottom as I was feeding him and he was only wearing a diaper. I ended up with a hand full of poop and some on my jeans. Oh yeah, I didn't procrastinate with the laundry this time so the ONLY dirty piece of clothing in my house is my jeans.
*Side note* Look how strong he's getting! Holding his head up so well!

It's a good thing he's cute! 
Now it's nap time, Hunter and Eden are both asleep. There are 4 loads of laundry to fold. My bathrooms need to be cleaned. I'm not doing any of it. I think I deserve a minute or 2 to myself this afternoon and Ellen comes on in 15 minutes. I'm going to go pour myself a cup of coffee {because it's too early for a margarita} and sit on my butt and watch tv. The best part about it? I'm not going to feel guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment