Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. A holiday that is all about spoiling moms all around and just showing your appreciation for them. I couldn't have asked for a better day! Lane got up with Eden and they went to the yard and picked out some roses to put into a vase for me. Eden chose the roses, Lane cut them and put water into the vase and then Eden put the flowers into the vase. It just so worked out that she chose 3 different flowers to cut - one from Lane, one from her, and one from Hunter. Lane said that the one from him was the pink one that had opened and had 2 blooms - one smaller than the other - that represented the kids. The flower from Eden was the yellow one that was a little smaller than the pink one, but bigger than the orange one. The smallest one was from Hunter. I thought it ended up being perfect!
After taking me to breakfast at IHOP - at my request - we came home so I could feed Hunter before heading out for some pampering. I got to go out and get a manicure and pedicure all by myself. Yes, everyone in the nail salon was there getting pampered and taking a break from their children. I thought it was funny. We all went to get away, but we all talked about our kids non stop! Ah, the love of a mom, we can never get enough of our kids!!!
When I got home I was inspired to go out for a run. Again, I got to go without the kids. Most importantly, I got to go without the stroller! That stroller can drag me down very easily. I was able to run a total of just over 2.5 miles, but in total I did 3.25 miles. I didn't run the 2.5 miles all at once, I did have to take breaks, but I felt very good about what I was able to accomplish. That's good news because the 5k we're doing is a month away.

At the end of the day I got to watch my kids playing together in the bath tub. Hunter has started falling in love with the water. He and Eden kick together and he's getting used to having water splashed on his face. I guess that was bound to happen because he takes baths with his sister and she thinks it's funny to splash water in the tub, therefore he gets water in his face at every bath time! We're just lucky if the water in his face is splashed and not dumped {which has been known to happen!}











No comments:

Post a Comment