Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Who Needs a Pacifier?!

This morning I took the kids to base to watch Daddy fly "his plane." It was a long morning for Eden - and probably a little boring since I got there 2 hours before he took off. I was hoping to get a picture of him heading out to the plane, but didn't get a chance. Oh well. I let Eden play on the playground after watching Daddy take off and then we were on our way home.

As we got in the car Hunter was fussy - really fussy - and Eden was just plain old defiant - like, look at you and smile as she's doing something she shouldn't. Oh goodness the girl was pushing buttons! As we started driving home she was in the back seat naming things she shouldn't be doing and deliberately doing them. "NO! Don't kick Mommy seat" as she's putting her feet on my seat in front of her. No big deal, I decided to let it slide and let her keep trying to push Mommy's buttons on the way home. I mean, she was buckled in, what kind of trouble was she really going to get into?

About half way home, Eden had calmed down and was being very quiet like I had asked so that Hunter could sleep. I turned around and gave her her cookie that I had packed in our picnic since she had been behaving. I had to turn around another time to pick up her cookie because she had dropped it. At this point, we were less than 10 minutes from the house and Hunter was still happy and Eden was eating her cookie. Ah, bliss for 10 minutes! Well, then we pulled into the driveway and I went to get the kids out of the car.

When I opened Eden's door I realized why Hunter had been happy the last 10 minutes. He had his very own paci! Eden had stuck her foot over into his car seat and he was sucking on her big toe! Ugh, are you kidding me?! My thoughts were: "hurry, take a picture," {which I didn't get} followed by "how in the world," followed by "I must not laugh," followed by a burst of a giggle and I had to walk away.

I knew I couldn't face her again right away because I was so irritated, but what was I supposed to say? I had just laughed at the situation. I called my mom, told her about it, and then told Eden that Mimi told her not to put her toes in Hunter's mouth. So really, who needs a pacifier when you have a sister who's ready and willing to help?! I never EVER thought I'd have to tell one child to keep their toes out of the other child's mouth. Here's to yet another lesson in parenthood that I had never planned on teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment