Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things Just Got Real

Call me crazy, but I think I just realized today that the "alien" inside my belly is going to be real! I feel like I should have come to this realization a whole lot sooner. Either way, it happened. It clicked. I thought about it and it was like a light bulb went off! This isn't just something to talk about anymore, he's going to be here soon and he's going to be another child to care for. He's going to have 2 hands and 2 feet. He's going to have a belly button and a cute little baby butt. He's going to have needs and he's not going to let us sleep. He is real!

I know this probably sounds weird. There's a part of me that thinks it sounds weird, too. For a long time now I've been trying to figure out what he's poking me, "kicking" me, and rolling across my belly. My thoughts have gone anywhere from "oh, I think that was a foot" to "wow, that had to be a knee" and even "ugh, that was a great kick boxing punch." I've put real human movements and parts to him, but for some reason it just clicked that he's real, he's mine, and he's going to be here soon!

I've loved him since I knew he was a possibility {if that makes sense.} I love him more every day. I know that my love for him isn't even a fraction of what it will be. How did I just now realize that he's a baby?! I guess my brain just decided that now that the time is close, I need to come to grips with reality. I'm there. My body has been taking 9 months getting ready, makes sense that my brain needed to take time to get ready too. So, now I've come to terms with the reality of this being actually being a baby I'm ready.

Ya hear that Baby Boy?! I'm ready {as ready as you ever can be for a newborn!} I want to see your 2 hands and your 2 feet. I want to tickle your belly button and giggle at your cute baby butt. I want to fulfill your needs and wake up with you and be as tired as I need to be to take care of you. I'm ready to stare at you through all hours of the day and night. I'm excited to see your Daddy turn into a complete softy at the sight of his son. I'm excited about Eden meeting you and seeing the love that your sister has for you unfold before my eyes! We're ready. We can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment