Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Motherhood Is...{7}

Being Prepared

My goal was to stock the freezer this week in case Baby Boy came so I could still feed my family when I'm not in the mood to actually cook. He didn't come, but I did hold true to my goal and I made all kinds of meals for the freezer. I'm still stocking, as a matter of fact. Earlier this week I made the crock pot meals that I was so excited about. I found a website with a grocery list and recipes for 5 different crock pot meals that you can freeze. That's not even the best part about it. Each recipe is split, so I have 10 crock pot meals in the freezer and all I have to do is thaw them out, throw them in the crock pot, and call it a day. Another day this week I made a pesto sauce for a chicken pesto stuffed shells and I had extra pesto {about 20oz extra actually!} and I decided to freeze it. The recipe is a P90X recipe, so it's made in a more healthy way than using the butters and fatty things like that. Not to mention it's delicious! I decided to freeze it in ice cube trays {much like I did when I made Eden's baby food} so that it's in smaller sizes for thawing later. Hopefully by doing this we will still be able to eat home cooked meals that are well rounded when we're all too tired to put complete thoughts...I mean meals...together.

No comments:

Post a Comment