Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

2012 is upon us and that means that we should work on making ourselves better, right?! Well, here in the Daigle home that's something we plan on doing. Of course we're going to do this through our New Year's Resolutions. How else would you do it when you're upon January in the new year? Don't worry, I don't plan on abandoning my picture a day from 2011 {where I did a VERY good job, if I do say so myself} so you'll still get lots of pictures from the every day at the Daigles'.

Last year a friend of mine made it her goal to run 365 miles in 2011. I'm totally going to do this. I am going to cut myself some slack and shoot for 300 miles. Since I can only do about a mile at a time right now and I know I'll be put on exercise hold once Baby Boy gets here I figured I would need to cut down. I feel like 300 is still something that I will have to work hard to achieve, but it is by no means un-reachable. I already have my double jogger - thank you Mom, Pat, and Samantha - so there are no excuses.

Lane's resolution is to avoid fast food. You heard me right, he is not going to eat fast food in the year 2012. I asked him if he remembers we have a toddler. I also reminded him that we are going to have a baby and he's going to be in the hospital {or driving to and from the hospital}. He was quick to say he realized both of those facts, but he was still going to do it! This shouldn't be too terribly hard for him because we don't eat out at fast food as a family, so it will be his lunches that matter most for him. I will strive to eat less fast food to help him in his goal of no fast food, but it will be hard. It's weird that I think this will be harder than running 300 miles over 366 days!

There you have it, I put it in writing and now I have to do it! I will run 300 miles and Lane will not eat fast food. I will try to remember to keep my tally posted on here to help me regulate how many miles I've run, and you better believe that I'll tell on Lane the first time he eats fast food! Here goes nothing, bring it on 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment