Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

S'nores

This past weekend Lane had to go out of town with work. He wasn't too far from home, but he was out of town none-the-less. It was my first go at having the kids for a few nights all to myself. The night before he left he asked me if it was a bath night. Though the kids had a bath the night before that I told him that they needed baths because I wasn't sure if they'd get one at all while he was gone. Lucky for the kids, they were bathed, fed, and even had a few out of the house outings including a hike and church on Sunday morning. All in all I'd say it was a good weekend with just the 3 of us.

To make the weekend more fun and enjoyable for Eden {Hunter didn't notice the change of pace, of course} we had a camping trip planned - in the living room!
She learned what a s'more  - or s'nore, to Eden - was, so I promised her we'd bust out the tent, watch a movie, make s'mores and sleep in the tent. We did all of the above, but sleeping in the tent was vetoed by Eden. I think she liked the excitement of the idea, but when it came down to it, she wanted nothing to do with it. I was ok with that because I wasn't thrilled with the idea of sleeping on the floor anyways!

Before we headed to {my} bed we watched Happy Feet 2 from the comforts of our tent and ate our s'nores together.

We had a great night and were able to sleep comfortably!! This was my kind of camping, especially since I did it as a solo parent.


No comments:

Post a Comment