Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Motherhood Is...{32}

Tiring

For everyone involved! Often times, especially when you're pregnant, you hear "get your rest now while you still can" because everyone knows that kids can just suck the life out of you because they're so full of energy. I know I always assumed I knew what people were talking about. I had been tired before, I knew what it was like to be tired. Oh. My. Goodness! I had no idea!!! Being a mom and trying to keep up with the energy of a child...or 2...can just wear you out. I can't make it through a day without a cup of coffee in the morning to give me that extra boost to make it to lunch time. I need a coke of some sort at lunch so I can make it to dinner and as long as I can make it to dinner I know that's followed by bath time and bed time for both kids. Wow, how on earth do they do it?!

Some days I get lucky and I'm able to wear the kids out so I can take a moment to just sit and do nothing for a few minutes. This picture is from after taking the kids to a homecoming of a group of Marines came home from Afghanistan. They got home this week and I had gotten to know some of the wives while their husbands were away, so I wanted to go and see them reunite with their loved ones. Eden got to run around with the other kids and it was just so hot and everything worked in my favor! Eden AND Hunter fell asleep on the way home and then they both transferred from car to bed without waking up. It was the most amazing thing ever and I was so thankful for the moments of silence after a long morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment