Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

I've always heard great things about the zoo and I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo because people rave about how great it is! Well, there was no shortage of amazement when we went on Friday. Eden loved it, there were tons of animals {and we didn't even see all of them} so she was in heaven just waiting to see what was around every corner. We only went to about half the exhibits, so I'm really glad we have our membership so we can go many more times and try to see something new each time!

The most special part about going to the zoo for me was that I got to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while - since Virginia actually! The kids were some of my kids at The Little Gym and since there are 3 kids in the family I saw them 3 times a week! It was great because I loved their parents, too, so when I knew we'd be in the same place at the same time again {thank you to the Coast Guard and the Marine Corps!} I knew we'd have to get together. Wow, I can't believe how much has changed with the kids - well, and with my life. I didn't have any kids when I knew the Smiths in Virginia! It was great to see them and it was like yesterday that I saw them last. I can't wait to be able to spend some more time with them while we're both here in Sunny SoCal!

Emma, Charlie, Henry, Hunter {in the stroller}, and Eden
Henry *Taco* on the skyfari at the zoo. He was just a little older than Eden is now when I saw him last. This time, he was reading street signs and reading the map to direct us through the zoo!
Charlie on the skyfari. He was about Henry's age when I saw them in Virginia. I couldn't get over how much they had all grown up!
Cloie, Eden, and Emma rode in the bucket behind us.
Eden wanted to see the giraffe at the safari park earlier in the week, so this was her moment! She waited DAYS to see these guys!

Eden and Charlie. She was trying to give her "cheese" face and look into the sun, all with a stick in her mouth. She's crazy!
Henry as he was leading me through the zoo to meet up with the rest of the clan. We found the zebras so I had to get a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment