Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

Almost Here!

In less than 2 weeks I have a 5k to run. I was really excited about this 5k {and deep down, I know I still am} but I'm getting super scared for it! My goal was to be able to run the whole thing when I started out with "training" for the race. I had to have some sort of goal because I knew I didn't want to set any records or anything! Well, I guess it would be a personal record if I was able to run the whole thing. Anyways, I digress!

This race is less than 2 weeks away!!!!!!!!!! How did time go by so fast?!  And why is it so close to the same time that I lost all motivation to do anything. Seriously, I feel like I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy again. I sit on the couch to get something done and I can't find the energy to simply stand back up. {Maybe I should be taking my vitamins like I'm supposed to...}

I did get on the treadmill the other day and I did run an entire 2.5 miles. Not just that, part of it was on a 1.5% incline {not flat, but I couldn't really tell it was on an incline...but it was and that's what counts!} I also ran it at a 9:31 minute/mile. For all you miles per hour people out there, that was running at a little slower than 6.5 mph! I felt like a rock star. I know that isn't a super pace, but I'm just happy with the distance that I ran. Now I just have to figure out how to run the last .75 miles...outside...with a stroller...with 2 kids in it...I can tell you now, I'm not getting anywhere closer to that goal by sitting here on the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment