Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day of Rest

Sunday is supposed to be the day of the week that we have to rest. Right?! Not if you live in my house. Today was one of the most stressful days of my life recently. It all started this morning before I even woke up. Hunter started stirring around 6:30 so I was in and out of sleep. All of a sudden I heard something downstairs. I looked at Eden's video monitor and she wasn't there. Luckily we have an alarm set and we have child-locks on all doors to the outside, but there was a moment of panic. I found her in the living room looking for me and had a quick talk with her about not wandering the house in the mornings.

After we all got up and moving, Eden and I made a run to Home Depot - after Lane and I gave the downstairs a good deep clean. When we got home from the store Eden had TWO accidents within 30 minutes. Her accidents surrounded the discovery that Nugget had escaped the back yard and we didn't know when or how long he had been gone. We opened the doggie door so the dogs could go to and from the garage and the back yard. At some point Nugget went out into the back yard and got out through one of the gates that was open. We eventually found him, but we had to pay the Humane Society down the street to get him back. Ugh, to have to pay to get a dog that you already own!

Once both kids were down for a nap and we were able to take a moment to breathe, I went out to our computer to do something with pictures. I went to open the pictures on the computer and they weren't there. I looked in multiple places and there are at thousands of pictures missing from our external hard drive. Missing. Just missing. I don't know where they are, where they could have gone, but the files are "empty" according to the computer. Luckily I did find all but pictures from the month of January of 2012. No, I'm not happy that this whole month of pictures is missing, but I can say that it is much better than all of 2011 missing too.

All in all, I'm hoping to get my "day of rest" at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment