Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 5, 2013

Motherhood Is...{26}

This blessing was hard to decide on. I went through 200 pictures of our trip so far to Georgia, and everything seemed to be a blessing for one reason or another. I'm not complaining! I was just thinking this morning that I needed a vacation from my vacation. I'm tired, I've been going non stop, and it isn't about to slow down. This is one of the reasons I chose to use my motherhood posts this year to all be blessings in my life. I knew I'd get into a slump {from deployment, or just life in general} and need a reminder that there are many blessings in my life.


This week I am blessed by these 2 people.

My whole life I've been the older-sister-role model that I was supposed to be {for the most part} for Parker. Things in our lives hit rough patches and we grew apart, but we always loved each other. He was always the one coming to me for advice though. It was the way our relationship was. And by "always coming to me" I don't mean for everything he did or does, but if he needed something he knew he could call or text me for whatever reason.

When he met this girl in high school he was different. College took them their separate ways, but life brought them back together. In 90-something days they're going to be married! I couldn't be happier for them. So why are they MY blessing. Well, they're living their lives apart because of the Navy. They've been physically apart for over a year now and they're still going strong. I'm sure they have their differences - who doesn't?!

A few weeks ago my box from my parents included a note from both of them in addition to the note from each of my parents. Parker's note hit me like a brick. It was very eye opening. He talked about how being away from your loved one{s} isn't easy, but it gets easier as time passes. I guess I had been so wrapped up in GIVING advice to him and Sara, that I forgot they have a lot to offer me too. I'm excited to be apart of their big day and I'm excited to share in military life with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment