Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 30, 2012

Setting Goals

I've finally started working towards my New Year's Resolution. I decided that I would try to run 300 miles in the year 2012. I would have loved to have set the goal of 366 miles {a mile for every day} but I wasn't able to run in the first few months of the year. I would love to be able to make it to 366 miles, but my goal is 300 miles this year. There are 276 days left in the year and so far I have 4.75 miles under my belt!

I was excited to get back on the treadmill and start to get back into the groove of a regular exercise routine. I'm trying to make sure to take it easy and start slow since it's been a while since I've run, I started the couch to 5k program again and I 'm starting from scratch. I started week 1, day 1 on Sunday and I've run one other day this week. I'm hoping to keep up with it and be able to run a 5k this summer.

A friend of mine, Angie, has said that she would make the commitment to running a 5k with me this summer. I still have to find one, but I'm hoping to achieve this goal sooner than later. The 5k goal is only part 1 of a 3 part goal. {I'm hoping that by putting it in witting that I'll be more likely to work towards it} The remaining 2 parts of my goal are to run a 10k this fall and a half marathon before the year is over. Oh help me! It looks scary when its on paper, but I'm going to strive to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment