Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Meeting of Eden and Hunter

Eden stayed with our good friends, Angie and James {Mamma Angie and Missa Jaymes according to Eden} and their 2 boys Cael and Coen, while Lane and I were at the hospital with Hunter. We couldn't have asked for a better situation. We knew that Eden was being taken care of and we knew that she was also going to enjoy her stay since Cael is 3 and Coen is 1 - they all play so well together. We are thankful to have such awesome friends who were able to keep her. I was a little on edge about leaving her at all because we had never been away from her for an extended period of time. 

When she got to the hospital to meet Hunter she was beside herself with excitement. I had tried to time nursing him so that he was fed and happy when she got there, but she came at the tail end of a feeding session. When she walked in, she walked right over to me and Hunter and said "Bodder gunkin' milk!" and was very excited to see him. I was glad that she was so open to the idea of seeing me nurse him since this is going to be a big part of what he and I do for the first few months. 

When she realized she was able to hold him, she jumped at the idea! She climbed up on the bed like we asked her to and she sat there so still and so calm while she held him. You could see the instant connection she made with him. I couldn't have been any happier to see her reaction to him. She held Hunter until we had to take him from her to put him down in his bassinet. She would have sat there longer and just looked at him if we had let her. It made my heart melt to see her with him.




No comments:

Post a Comment