Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grateful

I have been single-parenting for the last 2 days. Lane went out of town for SERE school and so Eden and I have been on our own for a few days now. He left early Sunday morning {so I guess I've technically been doing the single-parent gig for 3 days!} and Eden and I are surviving!

Sunday we went to church and then went to a baby shower. I was super nervous about our first day together alone. I know I can do it, I've done it before, but I was nervous for some reason! Crazy, I know, but welcome to my over-emotional state of mind.

Monday Eden and I went to a playgroup at Celebration Nation. It is this fabulous indoor playground with great outlets for little ones with energy. This week the place decided to change their hours because they haven't had much morning traffic through the place with school being back in session. We didn't look into their hours because we had been regulars at Celebration Nation for a few months now. Oops! We should have looked into their hours because they now open at noon and we thought they opened at 10. Luckily the owners were there and because we had a group of moms showing up, they were willing to let us play.

Today I took Eden to story time at a local library. We had been going to Barnes and Noble, but it just wasn't keeping Eden's attention anymore, so we decided to try out the library. {I'm not going to lie, I don't think I've set foot in a public library since elementary or middle school} This story time was GREAT! They sang songs - some of Eden's favorites {Twinkle, Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes} and some songs that I had forgotten even existed {I'm a Little Teapot!} - and they read two books about fall, and then they got stamps and were able to play with blocks.

Each event we've been to since Lane has been gone we've enjoyed with friends. Eden is learning her friends' names here in Texas and she is starting to ask about them when we leave events or when we head out to do things. Its exciting to see her "making" friends! She's growing up and becoming such a big girl, it blows my mind. She's everything I could ever dream about in a child. She loves giving hugs, she's {for the most part} good at listening to us and sharing toys with friends, and she enjoys helping out around the house {emptying the dishwasher, calling the dogs in from outside, feeding the dogs, changing laundry over, taking her cup to the dinner table at meal time, anything!}

So, this whole, long post, just to say that I'm grateful for Eden and everything she is in our lives! I was nervous about being home alone with her, but she's eased my fears and reassured me by showing me that she's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment