Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ball Time

The Marine Corps Birthday Ball is always a great time for us. This year was no exception. We were able to get a room at the same hotel that the ball was held. Most of our friends who were at the ball also stayed at the hotel so we were able to go out and enjoy the evening after the ball was over. The next morning we were also able to walk and grab breakfast with friends before going to pick up the kids from Angie and James' house where they had stayed the night with a babysitter.

It was a fun time and the kids had a good night with their baby sitters. I love that they have fun with them! The sitters even made a craft with the kids and it's something we'll keep forever. They're thoughtful, trustworthy, and amazing with the kids - I couldn't ask for anything better when it comes to a baby sitter for the kids. I see many more date nights in my future!

That's Lane, part of the sword detail during the ceremony, facing the camera. He was clear on the other side of the ballroom, so it wasn't easy to get a cell phone picture of him!





And who can honestly complain about these views of the bay when you wake up in the morning?! Not me!

Coronado Bridge in the distance, and the dole boat that fascinated me for a long time as I watched them unload container after container while Lane slept in...I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment