Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. " ~George W. Bush

Today marks 11 years since our beautiful country was under attack and since terrorists tried to tear apart our faith, hope, and love. I was taking my first US History test and getting ready to leave school to go to the eye doctor for pink eye as my teachers turned on the tv, only to see that the towers had been hit by the planes. After leaving my history class, my next teacher had no idea and we didn't even ask to turn the tv on in her room. We walked in, turned the tv on and the second plane hit. After that class I went to 4th period and, again, turned on the tv to see that the towers fell as I was walking from one class to another. The halls were quiet with a soft buzz of people talking about what was happening.

As I watch the news feeds being re-played today, I remember sitting in my parents' living room with Lane. I sat in awe of what I was seeing. I sat there not knowing what this really meant for us as Americans, but I remember seeing flags flying and Americans rallying together. We gained strength through hardship, and to this day I feel the pride and strength of being an American. Footage still brings tears to my eyes, and I hope it always does. I will never forget, and I hope you will always remember too!

Never Forget the feelings you felt on that morning.
Never Forget the heroes from that morning.
Never Forget the heroes who have sacrificed everything to keep you free.
Never Forget the men and women who are willing to sacrifice everything to keep you free.
Never Forget to stand united.
Never Forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment