Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Fun

I'm loving making care packages to send to Lane. I've been searching for ideas since the day I found out he was leaving. I know they don't all have to be themed, and they don't all have to be decorated, but so far that's been part of the fun for me! I've already got one sent out the door, and I have 4 more in the works! The one I'm MOST excited about {as of now} isn't going to be sent for a few more months, but it'll be a good one! Not to say the one that just went out the door isn't good!
The box is supposed to look like a beach. I wanted the bottom to look like the kids were "walking" on the beach. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to, but that's ok. I think {or, I hope} it makes him smile to see the kids' feet!
"Summer lovin' had me a blast
Summer lovin' happened so fast
Met a girl crazy for me
Met a boy cute as can be
well-a, well-a, well-a UH!
Tell me more, tell me more"
Who doesn't love a little Grease action?!
"Enjoy some fun in the sun and try to stay cool!
Some of the stuff in the box. Though it isn't all useful, it's mostly fun. At this point in deployment, I don't think he's in need of much. There's no need for re-stocking anything, and he's not been there long enough to know what he might need that he doens't have access to. I didn't want that to stop me from sending something. Since it's blazing hot I figured I'd send some things that could be fun. The balls that are in the bucket {on top of the leis} are water balls. Much like a water balloon, but reusable! I thought that in their down time they could play with water guns and water balls. I've heard that the water for a lot of deployment sites isn't the best tasting, so I sent some lemonade mix for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment