Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daddy Kisses

I always knew that nights would get the best of me with deployment. When Lane left, I knew that the mornings wouldn't be too terrible for me. I mean, on normal days, when Lane is home, he's gone before I wake up with the kids. Lane kisses me and says goodbye, but that's about it when it comes to mornings.

Our evenings are where it counts. When he's able to come home for dinner he gets to play with the kids - relieve me for a bit. He gets to tell us about his day and we get to talk. Eden gets to tell him about her day and what she did. Without him here in the evenings he's certainly missed the most!
We miss him tons and Eden has started asking for Daddy kisses. We have a jar full of hershey kisses and they are her kisses from Daddy. Tonight she asked me for a "Daddy kiss" before she went to bed. Aaaahhhh, this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm so glad that there's a way to keep him in our every day lives. The kids love that they get candy once a day, but Eden never refers to it as candy. She will always ask me for a "Daddy kiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment