Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Motherhood Is...{22}

This week I am blessed by crazy kids!

I'm not even kidding, they've driven me insane this week. Like, rip my hair out, lose my mind crazy! I mean, look at Hunter. He's stuck under the table because he just can't stop himself from climbing in the chairs. Keeping them pushed under the table isn't even helping me to keep him from climbing. Eden has been in one of her {not so}rare moods this week. She's had an attitude from the underworld and has spent a lot of time in timeout or up in her room alone.

So, how is this a blessing? I went to church this morning - all on my own with the kids. I knew I needed the alone time to reflect and just have me time and this was the perfect opportunity. Lane and I found a church that we like before he left, but it's been a while since we've gone. I set my alarm to get up and go to the early service, but then snoozed my alarm and decided that the kids would for sure be awake and that we'd make it to the middle service.

The kids woke up in time and we made it to church. I dropped the kids off and I went to the sanctuary...ALONE! I think it was just what we needed, time apart. I sang, I listened, I took communion, and I just reflected. Life was good. Life is good. I'm glad to get back into it and I'm glad that we're able to find a church home where we are - it's something that hasn't been easy at all of our duty stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment