Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Motherhood Is...{24.b}

I am blessed to have a strong man by my side, who has my back, and who leads me through life - all at the same time.

I can't let this week go by without praising a special someone in my life. Today I not only value his for his awesome role as "Daddy" but also his wonderful role as "Husband." Today marks 6 years married for us. I can't believe it! We've known each other for 12 years and have been married for 6 of them. We've been married {and putting up with each other 24 hours a day} for half the time we've known each other! Wow!!!!! He's stuck around, too. That says something for sure. I know I can't be the easiest person to live with at times, but he's stuck by my side no matter what. He's a great partner to have on the days the kids are driving me crazy, but he's also wonderful to have around to share in the laughter that the kids can bring to our lives.

When I posted this picture {from the La Jolla Half Marathon} on facebook before, I added a caption that summarized the moment.

He didn't train for it (I did). He shouldn't have done well (but he did). He threatened to embarrass me by singing with headphones in (so I'd run faster when it was the last thing I wanted to do). He wouldn't run ahead of me (I begged him to leave me behind). He ran side by side, never leaving me behind, and held my hand as we crossed the finish. I hated him for his "good pace keep it up" and his "this is where we pass people" comments throughout the race, but he never left me. Terrible hills, and 13.1 miles long, but we made it! Thanks for dragging me across the finish, Lane (and making it look like I wasn't being dragged!)

I love this man more than I ever knew I could, and I wish that we could be together to celebrate. Though we're on opposite ends of the earth this year, I am blessed that this man is willing to put up with me through thick and thin, and love me through it all!

Happy Anniversary/Father's Day, Lane! We love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment