Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Motherhood Is...{26}

Being Mean
Well, maybe not being mean all the time. Just when it's needed! We had an electrician come out to the house to look at a few projects that we want to get done and Eden took it upon herself to do as she pleased because Mommy and Daddy were both preoccupied. When I peeked into her toy room she had begun coloring on the walls. This isn't the first time she's done this, but it was the first time she had been caught while doing this. Since she was caught she was also punished for this. I made her clean the walls - which was fun to begin with. Then she realized it was going to take some elbow grease and she was no longer interested in doing this. I knew it was going to take all day to get her to clean the wall like it needed to be, so once she wasn't being very productive I decided that timeout while I cleaned the wall was a better ending to this debacle. I made her sit and watch me clean the wall where she had colored and timeout wasn't over until I was done. I also let her know that if she colored on the walls again that I was going to put her crayons in the trash. So there you have it, motherhood is being mean...and that's one part of motherhood that I don't like!

No comments:

Post a Comment