Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oh What a Night

 
Last night I had the opportunity to go out with a friend of mine that I originally met in Florida. I love it when the military brings us all back together! Lindsey's husband is also in flight school, but with the Coast Guard. We've been going to the same church and our families have become closer since being here in Texas. I've enjoyed getting to know them better. That's why I was super excited about going to Tipsy Canvas with Lindsey to paint another masterpiece!

Lindsey, myself and some other moms were talking about getting together and going to Tipsy Canvas for a girls night out one day soon. Lindsey took the initiative and looked at the calendar and saw a painting that she wanted to do. Luckily, Lane didn't have any flight school events this weekend, so it was perfect timing with the painting that Lindsey wanted to do. I enjoyed spending the evening with Lindsey and having the opportunity to have adult conversation without looking over our shoulders to check on the kids.

Last night the painting was of a bird on a branch and I knew I could make it work for my house. The original was a blue background with soft colors for the bird and flowers. Most of my house uses warm tones, so I just changed it up the colors and made it work for me!
The original picture that we painted, provided by Tipsy Canvas.
The start of my painting.

Lindsey's picture is the blue one in front of mine. If you look in the background, you'll see that everyone had the same, but different pictures - pink, browns, green, blue, purple. The end products were so much fun.
 

The transition of the bird. He was light yellow with a burgundy belly - ew. We decided that based on the earth tones in the rug in my living room that I should change him, and now I love him {even if he is fat!}
Our finished products. I love that all of the pictures in the same class end up looking so different even though they're they same painting!

1 comment:

  1. Last night was a lot of FUN!! (ok and maybe a little frustrating at times too, but well worth it!) Glad you had fun too and your painting looks great.

    ReplyDelete