Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Things

I've seen people do this before and I figured I'd give it a go. Most people have been posting something they're thankful for on each day in November. With all the craziness we have going on I thought I would just make a list of 30 things that I'm thankful for all at once for fear of not being at the computer evry day.
1~My children. Eden shows me her love every day and Baby Boy kicks and pushes to remind me of his presence that will one day be the same love Eden shows now.
2~My husband. I love him more every day and he's the perfect provider for our family.
3~Our health. Even when we're feeling under the weather I know it isn't an illness that is going to last.
4~Hugs and kisses. Eden loves to give them and I don't even have to ask for them to get them! And don't forget the ones from Lane and then the ones {hugs, that is} from friends! They're a great reminder of comfort.
5~Family. They're there for us no matter the distance that is between us.
6~A roof over our heads. Even as we move half way across the country we have our cars, hotels, and on Friday, a home to call our own.
7~Our military. They provide us with the freedom to live our lives in a country that allows us to make our own choices about religion, what we say and do, and so many other freedoms.
8~Jobs. We are lucky enough to have the peace of mind that Lane will be employed for years to come, which allows us to live our lives the way we do.
9~Sanity. This may seem silly, but being the control freak that I am and being married to a Marine and having a toddler and one on the way, I am glad to be of sane mind!
10~Jesus. I know that with my belief in Jesus as my savior I will live in eternity with all of my loved ones.
11~In-laws. What?! Yes, I'm thankful for all of them. I was blessed with the good ones who I can even hang out with without Lane around. And get this, I actually enjoy their company too!
12~Food. May seem obvious, but not everyone has this luxury every day.
13~Air planes. This is almost a double for me now-a-days. They supply a job for Lane and they're the mode of transportation that must be used for seeing family now that we're on the opposte sides of the country.
14~Friends. Without family around the corner, friends become your family. We just left some in Tx and they'll be hard to replace. The good news is that we'll see some long lost friends in Ca and hopefully more will be following our journey in a few short months. We've left friends beind all over the country and I love it when we're able to meet up and catch up!
15~Music. Another silly one perhaps, but since we're in the car for 3 days in a row, it keeps us going!
16~My parents. I've always known that I'm thankful for them, but now that I am a parent, I have a whole new appreciation for the love they show me and my siblings. A parents love is not one that can be known until you are a parent.
17~My miscarriage. This might seem weird to be thankful for something that was so hard to go through or to think about now, but without it I wouldn't have Eden or Baby Boy.
18~Heaven. I knowi will one day get to meet Baby #1 and see everyone who has gone before me.
19~Nugget and Ginger. They might drive us crazy a lot of the time, but I don't know what life would be without them. Who would remind me that it was Thursday because the lawn guys were there or that there's a bird in the yard {or on tv}.
20~Bathrooms. As a pregnant woman, this is a must to be thankful for!
21~Squeez-able baby food. When we travel or sometimes just for a snack Eden loves to eat them. They're fruits and veggies and it makes me feel better knowing that she's getting nutritious food to suppliment all of the fast food we eat while on the road. And when we're home, you still can't beat having some extra fruits and veggies to eat!
22~Facebook. With all the moving we do {this is our 6th since getting married in '07} I love having this online network to help me stay in touch with friends we've made, and not to mention family too. Its a great way to share pictures and the goings on in our lives no matter where we are.
23~Toys {and the ability to be able to give them to my children.} Another blessing of having a husband who can provide for our family. He not only gives us the things we need, but he also provides for our wants.
24~Freedom. What our military men and women protect for us is not to be overlooked as something I'm thankful for.
25~Scenery. Be it mountains, the beach, in or out of the US, it is a beautiful thing that was given to us to appreciate. And trust me, I am thankful for it on this trip more than ever. It is ever changing and you can see for miles all around you and then all of a suden there are mountains. God is great, and he gave us some beautiful things to admire!
26~Mile markers. This goes back to my control freak ways. I need to know where I am and where that might be in relation to my final destinaion. Whoever decided on mile markers on the interstate is not only a genius, but for sure a type A personality...like yours truely.
27~Being a mom. It is the one job I've had that makes me feel needed all the time and it is the most rewarding job I've ever had. It is very trying at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
28~Prayer. How else are we supposed to communicate with The Big Man? He knows our hearts, but you need comunication for a relationship to work, therefore prayer is needed and I'm thankful to have it.
29~Crafts. I've found a love for most things home made and the ability to save money where posible by making things at home. Luckily for me I enjoy it and use crafting as a form of stress relief when I can. It brings a smile to my face to look around my house and see things that I've made to help make my house a home.
30~Life. This may seem general, but all of the afore mentioned things are wonderful, however, they could not be enjoyed or appreciated without the gift of life. I was chosen to live the life that I live and I love my life. I'm blessed in more ways than I could imagine and I try not to lose sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment