Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hasta La Vista!

Well, we made it. Lane left and we survived! I didn't make it through without tears, but I made it, so I'm counting it as a success. We're a day in, so we're a day closer to a homecoming hug! I don't want to get too excited about it at this point, but we're just a little bit closer now.

As we were walking into the airport Eden insisted on helping Daddy. She walked by his side and held onto his bag as we walked from the parking lot to the wrong terminal, and then to the correct terminal. She was excited to be a "team player" {which is what she and I have agreed to be together while Lane is away!}
 Once we got to the airport we were lucky enough to get paired with a check-in agent who would give the kids and me a gate pass. We didn't have to say goodbye to Lane before security! I was so excited to be able to have a few more minutes with him. We were early, so we were able to have a drink and get lunch for the kids. We were getting pretty close to nap time for Hunter {and Eden on some days} so he started getting grumpy. Not to mention, he pooped and the diapers were in the car because I didn't think we were going to be inside for too long. Have you ever had to search the airport for parents of young kids so you could beg for a diaper?! Well, I have now! You get some pretty weird looks from people!

 Before Lane boarded his plane to leave he gave the kids a present. We got recordable books for the kids so they could hear Daddy read a story to them even though he's far away. Eden was happy to get the books, and Hunter loves any book, so he was having a good time too.



 Ugh, the dreaded boarding call. Lane gave hugs and kisses and I was a wreck! Every time Eden asked a question about where we were, where Daddy was going, if that was Daddy's air plane, where was Daddy going {all over and over, and over, and over, and over again...and then again, and again, and again!} I would cry. Oh my goodness!


 We stood by and watched Daddy's plane depart. Both kids were excited to watch the planes leave. To them they were just planes, but I couldn't get my brain to agree! I knew that Lane was on the plane that was headed off into the big blue yonder.







 Remember how tired Hunter was getting before Lane left? Well, when I put the stroller in the car and got in the car, Eden said to me, "Mommy, Hunter is asleep!" He had fallen asleep before I even got the stroller in the car! I guess he was more tired than I even realized.

1 comment:

  1. BIG HUGS to you ALL! Hang in there sweet lady, MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete