Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Motherhood Is...{45}

Scary

Let's be honest, who in their right mind initially went into motherhood thinking, "this is going to be the easiest thing I've ever done!" I mean come on! It's scary...every day it's scary. Will my kid fall today. Will someone be mean to my kid today. Did that trip on the concrete draw blood. Most of our scares are minute and we don't even realize that it's fear that the events are rooted in, but being scared is a part of our every day lives.

Take a look at Hunter here, sitting on the landing on my stairs. Here's my list of why this is so scary to me:
He's so proud of being king of the mountain! What's he going to be like when he's just a little bit older? Can be possibly get more bold? A common phrase I hear from a friend of mine to her youngest is, "Don't be brave" and I feel like I'm going to have to adopt this phrase.

I have no good place to put the baby gate. If I put it before the landing, Hunter gets mad and pops a squat on a step below the baby gate. Most times the squat leads to a topple onto the floor. At least with the gate where it is {at the top of the landing before the next set of stairs going upstairs} he can get to a point that he's happy with and pop a squat. When he sits here, there's plenty of space and he can just sit and be proud of his accomplishments!

There's tile at the bottom of the stairs! When he falls, it hurts.

He poops on the landing. Yes, it's in a diaper, but he still does it. He climbs up there, sits for a minute or 2 and then he poops because he's so happy. Let's hope that when he starts taking his own diapers off {because let's face it, that's another fear I have!} that they aren't filled with poop from the landing!



No comments:

Post a Comment