Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Baby News

I feel like so many new things have happened with baby recently. While we were at Fripp I started feeling baby flutters! I love laying in bed and feeling him/her flutter around before I fall asleep. Within the past few days I've been able to feel the flutters a little more often. If I'm sitting still {I actually do get a chance every now and then} I'm occasionally able to feel him/her.

This morning when I woke up I put my hand on my tummy. I noticed that there was a hard bump about the size of my palm just under my belly button. This is exciting to me because though I've been showing {to people who know I'm pregnant} for a few weeks now, I've been telling Lane that I just feel fat because my belly wasn't hard like a pregnant belly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad that it was soft, I was just looking forward to the hard belly that you get when you're truly "showing."

Everything is starting to feel real now that I feel the flutters and my tummy is getting harder! For so long pregnancy is almost phantom-like because you know you're pregnant, you've seen the positive tests, you've seen the ultrasounds with the heartbeat, but you don't feel or look pregnant. How exciting it is to begin this new phase of pregnancy - when you start to feel and look pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment