Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

18 Months!

Ok, I know, this is late...way late. Eden is now closer to being 19 months than to her 18 month mark, but we just had her well baby appointment last week. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now {and if I have said it, I'll say it again!} - I LOVE Eden's doctor! She's great.

That being said, Eden had a great check up. She weighed in at 24 pounds 1.5 ounces, and they gave me her height in centimeters so I unfortunately don't remember it. I do know, however, that on her height tracker in her room I marked her on May 7 and then I marked her again last week and there's a difference of about 2-3 inches! My oh my how we've come so far from being weighed every month when she was in the 1st and 3rd percentile to now when she's in the 50th percentile.

The doctor asked how many words Eden is saying that we can understand and I told her that there was no way for me to even try to begin to count them. She knows body parts (head, hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hands, arms, tummy, fingers, legs, knees, foot, toes) in addition to people's names (Mommy, Daddy, Eden, Parker, Mimi, Pop, Nelson, Noah, Becca, Grandma, Grandpa, McKenzie, Cael, Baby, Abby, Laney, Nugget, Ginger) and then you can't forget her random words that she seems to learn EVERY DAY! Sit, "yook" (look), chair, seat, shoe, show/Gabba, flower, cloud, mail, keys, bye bye, night night, "ya no" (I love you), hold, up, please, thank you, water, milk, cheerios, snack, eat, dog, duck, paci, car, walk...I feel like I could go on and on! Something else she's starting to do is put 2 words together to make small sentences more regularly. Now do you see why I told the doctor I wasn't even able to begin to try to count her words.

Eden also got to get 3 shots! I don't like when she gets shots because she's in pain and there's nothing I can do to make the pain go away and I actually have to hold her down to allow these people to inflict the pain on her. This time, I did laugh...out loud. When the corpsman gave her her first shot, she looked at me and said "owie" (there's another word to count!) When he realized what she said - before she started crying - he noted that "owie" was what he heard too and then I laughed! What mom does that?! Well, This mom does! I also picked her up and comforted her and we talked about her cool bandaids that she (and I) got for being big girls (I got my flu shot) and she got TWO stickers - oh yeah, she knows that word too! She was a big girl and she even took her bandaids off all by herself when she was ready for them to be gone.

All that to say Eden had a healthy well baby visit last week with the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment