Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Gadgets

We are full of fun new things around here. Our new camera finally got here {the day after Easter, so I didn't get to play with it and capture good pictures from Edens egg hunt.} Lane and I both got new phones the other day and I'm IN LOVE with it. I was able to add an application to my phone that helps with my runs. I'm trying to stick with running even though I don't have the stroller brigade running at my side anymore, so I needed something to help me with the motivation.

When I was in GA I started the Couch to 5k program, and with the new phone, I'm able to have the application to help keep track of my runs. The program is designed in a fashion that allows you to run/walk in different timed intervals. This week I've been doing week 4 and all of my runs have been the same:

Warm up: 5 minute walk
Work out: jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes
Cool Down: 5 minute walk

I think its amazing that now that I don't have an excuse of not being able to time my intervals {the phone "dings" at me to tell me to change from walk to run or run to walk} I mentally won't allow myself to not go out on a run. I've decided that I'm not a good runner, but I'm alright with being an ok jogger for now. I'll work up to becoming a good jogger, then a good runner!

There are days that the weather down here in Texas makes it REALLY hard to get the motivation to go. Today when Eden and I went out for our run it was already 75 degrees at 10am and the wind was insane. That is one of the things we've learned about Corpus, the wind NEVER stops blowing {and if you get lucky and have a few minutes without wind, you get bugs...} Running in the wind with the jogging stroller makes it feel like I'm running into the wind with an open umbrella behind me. I guess that will make me stronger because I've got added resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment