Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today is a GOOD day! It is Good Friday! That means that Easter is just around the corner! {Only 3 more days and I can look at facebook again!} Aside from Eden's first Easter Egg hunt {all alone in our backyard} and having another couple over for brunch, we don't have much planned for the weekend.

As Easter approaches, I will always remember a Sunday School lesson that was taught on Palm Sunday one year when I was in high school. The teacher asked us to think about what our plans were for the following Friday {Good Friday}. Then he asked us to always remember what Good Friday is, and what its historical meaning holds for us as Christians. Since then I have tried to take the time to remember what Jesus went through on His journey to the cross - all the beatings, the torture, and the betrayals by his friends. And then I remember that on this day, he died.

Today is the day that we remember that Christ died for us. {Wow, how crazy is it that he died for us!} Anyways, I know it's called Good Friday, however, I always get sad on this day. I know that without Good Friday we cannot have the celebration of Easter, and without the meaning behind Easter, we cannot live eternally, but the idea of someone that I love dying, makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I am forever grateful for the death of Jesus {because of His resurrection that follows}. As the weekend progresses and we mourn the physical death of Jesus, I will remember that on Sunday we celebrate! We will celebrate the return of Jesus, and we will celebrate that, because of this, we will live forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment