Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

ONE!

This night last year I timed my contractions and decided I was experiencing Braxton Hix...again. Little did I know that within the next 24 hours my life would change forever! I soaked in the tub, shaved my legs (yes, I had newly shaved legs when I went into labor!), and had a one on one conversation with Eden. During this conversation I made sure to take time to explain that playing games that late in my pregnancy was just plain wrong.

I guess she listened to me that night because just hours later my water would break and Lane and I would be giggling our way to the hospital. I still wouldn't believe that my water had broken and I would continue thinking that I just couldn't "hold it" and that I was wetting myself.

Looking back, I was crazy for thinking that! Of course my water had broken. Of course Eden was coming into this world to greet us. Of course from this day forward she would be a blessing to us every day! She makes us smile, she makes us laugh - and yes, there are times that she frustrates us too, but we wouldn't change anything! She's the light of our lives and we wish our baby girl a happy first birthday! I can't believe it's here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment