Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's just 40 days!

This year as Mardi Gras has come and gone, it is now the season of Lent. Lane and I have usually participated in this Christian tradition through the years, and this year is no different. Growing up I learned that the sacrifice that you make for the 40 days before Easter is representative of the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus dying for our sins. Through His sacrifice we are allowed to live eternally. I mean, what's a sacrifice of a worldly item for 40 measly days when He DIED for us?! As yesterday was Ash Wednesday, it was the first day of Lent and the first day of our sacrifices in this time before Easter.

As we were discussing what we were going to give up for Lent, I immediately went to fried food, drinks (except water and milk), sweets, and various other foods that I love to indulge in every now and then {which, by the way, I have already given up in previous years}. I had to quickly remind Lane that giving up vegetables wasn't a sacrifice because I have to force him to eat those anyways {yes, just like most parents have to force their elementary-aged children to eat vegetables}. We had originally settled on fried foods and we were going to do this together. I guess Lane started really thinking about it and he called me out on this not being a true sacrifice for me. Remember, I'm doing Weight Watchers. How much fried food do I actually eat now? Ok, Ok, I get it. If he can't give up vegetables, I can't give up fried foods - they aren't true sacrifices for us.

What did I give up then?

FACEBOOK! Oh my, it has only been 2 days and I'm already going crazy. Yesterday I put on my facebook page that I wasn't going to be on during the time of Lent and that if anyone needs to get in touch with me that text and email are the best ways and now I just forget that facebook even exists. I know it is only 40 days, and I know that I am not atctually cut off from the world, but I sure do feel like its a LONG time and that I'm totally DISCONNECTED!

I guess by not being on facebook I will have a lot more time on my hands to get things together for this upcoming move if it ever happens {still no orders...} I will probably be on the blog a lot more because I won't be wasting time on facebook when I get on the computer to update the blog! I hope you don't get too sick of me!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I gave up facebook for good a year and a half ago, and it is amazing how much more time I have on my hands! I figure the people I am supposed to keep in touch with, I will regardless of FB and all it's drama-rama! Good luck on your 40 days!

    ReplyDelete