Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weight Watching

I've been trying to lose 10 pounds for A LONG time! Before I got pregnant with Eden I wanted to lose 10 pounds. Well, as you may have guessed, I didn't want to continue that goal after getting pregnant, so my goal then, was to just maintain a healthy weight gain throughout my pregnancy. I did that, and I did that with ease. After Eden was born I was able to drop weight at a rapid rate and this was very promising to me. I think this was also what helped me come to a stand-still really quickly. I didn't do much in the beginning to drop the weight as quickly as I had and so I thought it would just continue to fall off...wrong.

Here I am, a year after Eden was born (almost) and I'm now 3 pounds OVER my pre-pregnancy weight (which is still within the "normal" limits) and therefore I've not reached that "easy" 10 pound goal that I had set for myself. Because I've had no luck, and no accountability, I decided to join a Weight Watchers group, and I will be weighing in once a week, and I will be attempting to drop these extra few pounds that I've gained. I know many people have joined Weight Watchers and had great success - a friend lost 30 pounds, a family member lost 30 pounds, and other friends have lost various amounts and haven't been specific with their weight loss numbers.

My weight loss goal is 15 pounds. I haven't thought about an date to accomplish this by, but I think I want to be able to do it in time for Eden's birthday party. I would love to be able to get a new dress for her party when I know that friends and family will be in town so I can show off my results. I don't know yet if that's too soon, or if that's a realistic goal because I've not started counting my points as tonight was the first night I've gone to my meetings. I will keep the end of February in sight as a tentative goal for myself (so that I can have time to shop for my new dress before the party!) and keep everyone posted about how that's going.

I had started going back to the gym and taking a class, but I no longer have the child care available to me for Eden, and therefore everything I do has to be done at home, or with a "home group" of other moms. Tomorrow I will meet up with some of these ladies and we will be running and other active activities in a near-by neighborhood. I remember, when Angela lived in Virginia, she called the mommy group that did fitness in her neighborhood the "Stroller Brigade" and that is what I will be doing in the morning! I'm really excited to have this opportunity, because I feel that the group will be another accountability tool for me to use.

So, now that 2011 is underway, I've got 2 resolutions that this blog is helping me keep up with: A Picture A Day and a Better Brittany - physically, emotionally, and spiritually! Thanks for coming along for the ride with me and here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. First of all - Congrats on your daughter. Secondly, I think that you should read "Reshaping It All" by Candace Cameron Bure - it helped me so much. Thirdly, My hubby is on weight watchers. You can do it. Its a great program. Just set realistic goals for yourself. I was going to be in Weight Watchers but I found out I have an eating disorder so I am going through that program. This was a honest and sweet blog post. I think that you will do great. I believe in you and your goals - and I just came across you through Good Morning Girls. I will pray for you tonight. By the way you are VERY pretty. Great goals for the new year. I am glad we are all going through James together. Much love, God Bless.

    Carolyn "Carrie"
    www.carriefairythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete