Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Motherhood Is...{1}

Starting over. What a blessing! I don't mean that in a way that says the past was terrible and I can't wait to move on, but in a way that we get a new beginning! It's a new year, and my motherhood posts are going to take on a new spin. Each week I'm going to look at how motherhood is a blessing {or at least something that happened to me that is a blessing to me.} Lane has been with the Riaders squadron for almost a year now, so it will be his turn {more than likely} to deploy at some point this year. We don't know that this will happen for sure, but we're thinking it's very likely. We don't know when, if, or where, so we're just going to lay low until we get official word that he's going somewhere. That being said, I know I will be needing to count my blessings! So, this year all motherhood posts will be a blessing from the week.

My blessing this week is that at least it was just a close call!

Weird to start my blessings with a hurt hand, huh? Well, get this. Eden shut her hand in the car door! Her hand was so far into the door that she couldn't pull her hand out. She didn't smash her fingernail, she didn't pinch her finger, she shut her hand in the door. Yeah, it was bad. In trying to get her hand out as quickly as possible, Lane pulled the door open and hit her in the head with the door. She didn't even know it happened!

Anyways, the blessing? That it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! Man, I thought her finger would be broken for sure. I just knew we were going to have to go to the emergency room and get a splint for her finger. We were so lucky that she didn't get hurt worse than she did! She put Elmo ice on it {that she got in her stocking at Mimi and Pop's house} and she was a trooper before it was all said and done! We did have to use Elmo ice for 3 or so days, but that was just because Eden can open the freezer on her own and she would get it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment