Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Measurements

On January 1 I took my measurements and I plan on doing this for the rest of the year. I'm {hopefully} going to post my measurements +/- each month to hold me accountable. I'm hoping that if I'm doing this publicly that I'm not going to have to pay to join a gym/weight watchers. Don't get me wrong. I loved the classes I took at the gym on base in Florida and I loved my weight watchers classes even more. I got to a weight that I wanted to be at, but {like many} I gained a few pounds over the holidays.

I'm not going to consider this a resolution for 2013, but a goal. It's a lifetime goal. I want to stay healthy as the years go on. We're suckers for weeknight tv in our house, and "Biggest Loser" is one of the shows that we watch each week. We actually take it a little too far and we record it so we can watch it later if we don't watch it live. That being said I've seen too many people who claim that their weight packs on just a little at a time and then before you know it, they're 300-400 pounds. Never.

I noticed in our first year of marriage that I was gaining a steady 5 pounds a year. I had room for this gain in the beginning. I didn't weigh 100 pounds until I got to college. I could use the gain to be honest with you. Now that I'm a healthy weight I want to stay there. I don't want to put on 5 pounds a year for the rest of my life. Think about it. If I started that, I'd gain 100 pounds by the time I was 40. Um...no! I can't imagine that. I'd rather yo-yo the 5 pounds each year than only gain those 5 pounds. If I can gain 1 year, lose the next year, gain, lose, gain, lose, then I'll be good - I think.

As of now I'm exactly where I was when I started weight watchers after Eden, which was the January before her first birthday. I'm active and excited about the challenge to lose the weight. I don't have to re-train my body to run like I did when I started my weight loss journey after Eden, I just have to focus on my eating habits and make sure I only eat when I'm hungry. That will be a big challenge, but I know it's possible. I reached my "goal weight" the June after Eden's first birthday {and a week before getting pregnant with Hunter} so maybe June will be my goal again. I will reach my goal by our anniversary - and will post my +/- measurements based on my January measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment