Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Journey

Here is one of my newest projects that I've been working on. This is my painting project that did. I'm not sure it ended up looking like I thought it would, but I'm happy with it none-the-less. I made it with colors that would work in my kitchen or in my living room - which ever allows the opportunity in future homes. This home has space in the kitchen and that's where it is hanging now.

I love the quote that I decided to use because it is SO true: Family, a journey to forever. The journey that we call life wouldn't be complete without our families. It starts with your family as a child and then through the transition on the journey, you some how end up on the other side of the family as the adult. I often ask myself {and I ask Lane, too} "Who decided we were old enough to be adults/parents/married?!" I'm just not sure when all of that happened.

In life, our family is who holds us up and keeps us going in times of need, and I absolutely love my family. I love that I can still be a child when I'm with my parents in and my "childhood family," and I can so easily transition to being the parent in my "adulthood family." In the end, family is what makes us who we are and what carries us on our journey of life.



I thought about calling it a day at this point, but I just wanted more. I LOVE how it looks here, but I wasn't quite ready to stop, so I kept going.





Ignore the dishes/mess - I got lazy after cleaning the kitchen and didn't want to put dishes away last night. But don't you think the painting fits perfectly in the space?! {I wish the red popped more, but I'll deal with it.}

No comments:

Post a Comment