Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hey There Crafty Lady

I'm not going to lie, there are days that I struggle with the possibility that I've lost Brittany. I know, it sounds weird, but there are two active scrapbooks in my house {that I am working on, no one else}, but neither one is mine. One belongs to a sweet little girl with big cheeks who gives awesome hugs and kisses, and the other belongs to the just as cute, studies-all-the-time-Marine {who still, by the way, gives me butterflies}. But none the less, neither one is mine, and it all comes down to the fact that I don't do anything worthy of being scrapbooked - playgroups, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.

All that being said, I think I've discovered what I love and what might help to find Brittany...crafting!

I've obviously loved scrspbooking for a while, but I'm expanding my horizons. I'm learning how to sew {I just can't figure out what projects I'm willing to test out}, I'm venturing into different wood crafts, and I'm even trying my hand at painting.

Today I started on 2 projects and I'm almost done with both of them. One of the projects I'm working on is for Eden's room. I'm working on a height tracker/growth chart to hang in her room. I've been looking and i'm just not willing to spend all the money on them. I haven't found any for under $50 and I feel like that's insane. I finally broke down and went out and got all the supplies I needed and got to work.

While I've been waiting on the paint to dry on Eden's height chart {literally} I've ben working on a painting to go in our kitchen {in this house}. I'm using acrylic paint on canvas with the assistance of a decal I found at the store today. A friend of mine did something similar and I've never had the guts to try it myself. In the process I did like it better at a previous stage, so I'm still crossing my fingers that I like it in the end.

Of course I've been taking pictures of these projects because a} I have a New Years resolution to uphold and b} I have a new camera to play with. I'm excited to {hopefully} finish at least one of the projects tomorrow, so be on the lookout for Brittany, the crafty lady {who might have just discovered herself}.

No comments:

Post a Comment