Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

21 Day Fix

One of my big goals is to tone up and get stronger. All of my clothes fit comfortably, so if I drop inches and/or pounds that's just a bonus for me. I'm also at the point with my running that the only way to get better is going to be to cross train and to be stronger. I ran across an at-home program to help with portion control with meals, and also includes a variety of workouts. The whole thing is only 21 days.

I'm 1 week in and I've yet to find myself hungry! When I got the box with my canisters for my food, I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to starve my way through these 21 days. I was excited about the workouts, but I was thinking that I was going to be hungry all the time and I was scared about it. There's a book describing what, and how much, of what you can eat. There's even a section with recipes and tricks about how you can get some treats, along with some recipes. At the end of the book there's a chart to help you make sure you eat your meals in the best way possible.
 To start the week, I made sure to get my green canister out and sort some veggies. Each baggie that I filled only contains one canister-worth of veggies so it's easy to grab and go.
 I also went through the pantry and marked things that I was allowed to have and what they're worth. One of my favorite snacks this week has been peanut butter an banana slices.
My meals haven't been too shabby either. I've been full after eating and I've yet to wake up hungry. 
This is my taco salad - 2 green canisters {of 3/day}: 1 of tomatoes, 1 of  lettuce; 1 red canister {of 4/day}: seasoned lean ground turkey; 1 blue canister {of 1/day}: shredded cheese; 1 orange canister {of 1/day}: dressing/fresh salsa
Here's some of the wraps I had for dinner one night - 1 green canister: lettuce, 2 red canisters: grilled chicken breast, 2 yellow canisters: tortillas. I added balsamic vinegar to them and that's a "free" item.
This is an afternoon snack one day - 1 green canister: tomatoes. I added balsamic vinegar and basil to them: both are free items.
Dinner - 2 red containers {of 2/day}: talapia with garlic powder and italian seasonings; 1 green container {of 3/day}: baked zucchini chips; 1 yellow container {I sacrificed my carbs at this meal and used a yellow container for a 4 oz glass of wine}
Breakfast: 1 yellow container {of 2/day}: steel cut oatmeal {made with almond milk and cinnamon} and coffee
1 yellow {of 2/day}, 1 green {of 3/day}, 1 red {of 4/day} and 1 orange {of 1/day}: quinoa salad - pre made from costco - with grilled chicken - left over from dinner a previous night
Dinner: 1 green container {of 3/day}: spinach and tomatoes; 2 red {of 4/day} chicken - made with balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. 
I'm excited to see where I am at the end of my 21 days since I'm already down 3 inches and 4 pounds in just one week! 

Oh, and did I mention that I've also had a few glasses of wine here and there?! Best part about it! Wine and chocolate {in moderation} are allowed. With that kind of allowances, I don't feel so restricted, so I feel like I'm still allowed to eat and drink what I want. Makes things a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment