Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Carlsbad Half Marathon

The first of my three half marathons has come and gone. I was dreading race day because I had been sick the week before and I just knew that the race was going to get the best of me. I didn't feel rested well enough, hydrated enough, prepared enough, or anything else. I had done my 10 mile run the day before getting sick, but I still didn't feel good about the race.

Then the race started…

I had to call Lane in the middle of the race to let him know that I was making much better time than we had thought I would! I was ecstatic! The adrenaline of the day was pushing me through like I never thought it could. I made it to the half way point {6.7 miles} with a pace of 9:22 minutes per mile. This is where I found Lane and the kids.
As I ran off, I blew kisses, and had high hopes for the rest of the race.
And then I hit miles 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13…Though I still had a great finish time {2:07:54, 6 minutes faster than last year} I slowed down quite a bit in the second half. My pace for the end of the run was a 9:39 minute mile. If I could have stuck to my first half pace I could have finished in 2-ish minutes faster! Oh well, I can't complain. I'm very proud of myself and for my run time this year!

Next up…La Jolla Half Marathon {that I swore I would never do again!}

No comments:

Post a Comment