Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 18, 2013

Motherhood Is…{47}

I am blessed to have this man in my life! {I mean, don't we look good together?!}

It is so great to get a night out every now and then. Not to mention, we got to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday together. I love getting dressed up every year for the ball, it's one of my favorite times of the year. The timing of the ball this year was perfect for when Lane came home from deployment. We were able to take a night out and spend time together without him having to take leave.

I've always been a firm believer that time away from the kids {especially with your significant other when you can} is vital to being a good mom {or dad!} Getting a night out gives me the opportunity to unwind. It never fails that Lane and I start talking about the kids when we aren't with the kids. What's funny is that no matter what we're talking about we end up laughing about it. Even if we're talking about something that might have made us want to rip our hair out earlier that day, we are able to laugh about it.

A night out is refreshing, rejuvenating, and restful! I love being able to spend time with Lane, especially when I can claim that I feel like I'm a better mom for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment