Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

I know, I know, everyone is wanting news on Lane's homecoming {because HE'S HOME!!!!} but before I get into that - which I will because how can I not?! - I want to let you in on a secret…he came home within 30 days of us finding out that he'd be home before Christmas. That means he was coming home in almost 90 days…then all of a sudden he was coming home in less than 30. You do the math…that was QUICK. Not only was it quick, but I thought I had time to get in shape and look better {ok, feel better about myself} and all of a sudden that time didn't exist. I was fine with that, but I was freaking out about it just a little.

A friend of mine sells products through Advocare and I've heard about their 24 day challenge and I figured I'd give it a go. I started the challenge and was through it just in time for Lane to come home. My friend told me to make sure to take before and after pictures so I'd notice the difference, and I'm really glad I did.

I kind of wish I had taken the challenge a little more seriously because I did drink wine, margaritas, and I had ice cream {our 5 month celebration was in the middle of the challenge, and I knew it was our last one without Daddy - how could I not?!} I can only imagine how well the challenge would have gone if I had taken it 100% seriously and done everything I was supposed to do!

When it was all said and done I lost 6 pounds and 7.5 total inches {mostly from my bust and waist.} The challenge incorporates healthy, clean eating, and will be easy keep up with for the most part. Most mornings I was supposed to eat a protein, fruit, and complex carb and for lunch it was the same, but I swapped my fruit for a veggie, and then dinner was supposed to be the same as lunch without the carb. On days that I went for a run I would get hungry and need something extra for a snack, so I'd have an apple with natural peanut butter. I would also munch on raw nuts, different fruits and veggies, and I splurged by eating greek yogurt protein bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment