Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Unpacking, to Playdates, and Beyond!

Well, Don has come and gone and we didn't even notice! He didn't bring rain, and he didn't produce much more wind than we're used to on any normal day here in Corpus Christi. We are welcoming the idea of him being here over the weekend because it has allowed Lane to have the whole weekend off.

Today we went to the aquarium with Eden and tomorrow we're talking about going to San Antonio. Grandma is in Austin for work, and that's only about 80 miles from San Antonio, so we get to have dinner with her tomorrow. What a treat! Eden will be so excited to be able to see her. She's been asking for the family that we saw when we were in Georgia the past few days, so this will be awesome.

July 21 - I can't seem to find the motivation to completely unpack my bags from our trip. Eden tries every second to help, but I just don't want to do it!

July 22 - "The Door to Daddy's Wings" with his countdown paper chain. I see many paper chains in our future with deployments and such. It has helped many of my friends with explaining when Daddy's coming home.

July 23 - I went outside to take my picture of the day {of nothing in particular, we were just all outside} and it is so humid and hot out that the lens fogged up and this is what I got.

July 24 - Our little monkey, climbing in/on/around/through everything. Now she's interested in the kitchen chairs.

July 24 - Helping Mommy make dinner. She was crushing up the crackers that went on top of the chicken casserole that I made. We also had Red Lobster cheddar biscuits with dinner - HUGE hit at my house!

July 25 - Eden walking in Daddy's shoes...literally. 

July 25 - She actually walked really well in them, given the size of the shoe compared to her size.

July 26 - Pretzel sticks and goldfish, accompanied by blueberry and strawberry muffins for our play group friends who came over to play!

July 26 - Not the best run time, but since I haven't run since before going to Georgia I'm just proud that I actually did it! I mapped out the run that I do on base on the computer and then linked it with the treadmill, so I knew exactly where I was on my run. 

July 26 - When Eden woke up from her nap, she had one arm out of her sleeve...still trying to figure that one out.

July 27 - She wanted a pillow and a blanket to watch TV while I was getting ready this morning. Can we say "Princess Eden"?

July 28 - She loves to play with cars, will point out when a motorcycle drives by {even if she only hears it} and doesn't care if she gets dirty; however, she does love her accessories!

July 28 - As I was taking this she was trying to get the purse off her head, but one strap was behind her head and one in front, so when she grabbed both straps it caused this look on her face and I couldn't make myself delete it! I laugh every time I look at it!

July 28 - Another run on the treadmill. Much better time! I was doing  the first day of my 1/2 marathon training program, which I need to ask the doctor if its ok that I keep up with this and increasing the intensity gradually.

July 29 - The view outside our second floor window as Don gets closer to us. 

July 29 - Our patio furniture and potted plants had to make their way into the kitchen in case the winds got too bad outside. Now that the storm had hit, I think they would have been fine to stay outside, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment