Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Don

There's a new man in my life and he is taking up much of my attention. Lane is aware of this "Don" who is very apparent in my life, because he's also very apparent in Lane's life too. Don is the newest tropical storm who is threatening to make landfall here in Corpus Christi Friday night/Saturday morning. I guess since we've lived on the Gulf Coast for 2 years now, and we've never had the threat of a big storm, we're about due for one!

As of right now it does not seem that there is a threat of Don turning into a hurricane, so, so far we seem to be in the clear. Lane did get the call last night that he is one of the students who is going to help to evacuate the planes if the storm looks like it could do damage to the planes here on base. If the storm remains a tropical storm, Eden and I will stay put with lots of dry foods and bottled water on hand. Eden will be in heaven at the idea of only eating "snack foods" if we happen to lose power! She loves pretzel sticks, gold fish, fruit snacks, puffs, and all kinds of foods like that!

As the storm nears us, I will put Eden's pack-n-play in my room, so she's close by in case we need to take cover. Because we're in a townhouse-type home, we share some internal walls with our neighbors that are window-less, so I've already picked our our take cover spot. I don't even know, do you take cover during a hurricane? I guess we will if the winds seem dangerous. I've found our flash light and made sure that the batteries are ready to go. I don't own any candles, and I haven't decided if I'm going to buy any.

Anyways, that's what's going on here in Corpus Christi. Never a dull moment!

*Update: The storm is still a tropical storm, but in hopes of taking a ground class that starts tomorrow, Lane will not be leaving to evacuate the planes. Eden and I don't have to weather the storm alone!*

No comments:

Post a Comment