Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So Soon?!

It's that time, well, almost. Lane's second phase of flight school is coming to a close. I didn't think he would ever start primary, but here we are, about to be done! Most of me is REALLY excited about this milestone in his career, but there's a part of me that is a little hesitant to be 100% excited. While he's in school, he's non-deployable and he's home every night. When he's done with school it will only be a matter of time before a deployment comes into our lives. I know that this is exciting for him, so I try to stay excited for him, but I like our time together (not that he doesn't, but he doesn't feel like he's started his career because he "hasn't done anything").

All that being said...HE'S ALMOST DONE!!!!! He has to complete his flights today and then he's back in the simulators (sims) with just a few flights to follow those, and he's primary complete. What a relief...then on to advanced. This is all based on Lane finishing his 2 flights today and then getting 2 sims each day until next week when he will fly his last flights. Fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan, and then we'll celebrate my birthday by him getting to select where he's going for advanced!!!

On another note, Eden is starting to become more and more confident with her walking. She's actually willing to take a few steps - voluntarily - to get to where she's going. Today she wanted to get closer to me so she could play with/pull my hair and she stood up and took a few steps to get there! I think this is partially because when she and I are trying to make it from point a to point b and we're in no rush, I'll hold her hand and let her walk with me instead of crawling beside or behind me. I don't know why I didn't think of this before?!

Eden and I went for another run this morning. I ran about 2 miles and Eden hated every minute of it. It's really cold down here again, so I think it was just too much for her. When I say I ran 2 miles, I'm still walk/jogging the trail that we run, but last week I was running .2 mile stretches and today I ran .4 mile stretches. Each time I was walking .1 mile between the running stretches. All in all I'm excited that I did twice as much running as last week! Next week I'm hoping to up it again. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

I had my second weigh in for Weight Watchers last night. Things didn't go the way I wanted them to go. I went up by half a pound, which isn't a lot, but it was the wrong direction! The leader of the meeting reminded me that because I've started exercising more that it will initially increase my weight before bringing it down. Fingers crossed that I keep it up (eating right and exercising) and things start moving in the right direction. I told Lane's sister that I did sort of lose the excitement that I had for it all last week, but I haven't lost my determination. I know I'm doing all the right things, so the scale will have to start tipping in my direction sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment