Saturday, October 23, 2010

More Travelling and Being SICK...ugh

This past weekend Eden and went travelling again! Surprise, surprise, I know! We went to Georgia for the quickest trip EVER!

We decided to leave Friday evening for Georgia. Part of me thought it was a crazy idea, but Lane was sick and I had a hard time leaving him home to fend for himself. Ginger also had surgery that morning, so I didn't want to leave before she came home and knew that it wasn't going to be too much for Lane to deal with as he was under the weather. Her surgery went fine and the vet is still very pleased with her recovery. The site is on her neck, so she wants to scratch it and we have to keep it wrapped up because she's got a drain and stitches. On top of all of that, I thought I'd give it a go and see if Eden might travel better at night. She did WONDERFULLY! I stopped about an hour into the trip to make a pit stop and I changed her into her pj's and went through as much of her night time routine as possible and she slept most of the way to Georgia as I listened to music on one ear bud in order to keep the car "silent" for her to sleep. We arrived in Georgia around 2am eastern time.

When we arrived at my parents house we, of course, went right to bed. That morning when we got up, Eden ate her breakfast and had all her normal morning stuff until it was nap time again. After nap time we loaded up and headed to Dahlonega for Gold Rush. I haven't been back to Dahlonega since Lane's graduation. SO much has changed up there. Gold Rush was great, I was able to see MANY people who I haven't seen forever. I ran into a lot of Kappa Deltas while we were in Dahlonega. I also ran into a good friend Emily Greene. She had come down over the summer to see Eden, and she said Eden looks the same, just bigger and more grown up.

After Gold Rush, Parker and I along with a friend of his went to Helen for Oktoberfest. This was the first time that I had left Eden with a sitter and was so far away from her. I was about an hour and a half from her, and my nerves could tell! I did good, I think, by enjoying the evening and trusting that she was in good hands. Mimi and Pop sent pictures and videos throughout the night of her after bath time and of her playing catch with Frasier. She loved having another dog around! She's going to be so much of an animal person.

While Eden had fun with Mimi and Pop, Parker and I explored Helen! We saw someone walking around with this goofy German-ish hat and Parker immediately wanted one. I told him that I would buy him one if it was under $10, and lucky for him it was! I also told him that if he didn't have the hat at the end of the night that he would owe me the money that I spent on the hat. It worked and we took pictures of him and the hat for the evening. It was a fun task and it added a little something to the night so that it wasn't all about beer!

This is the store that we got the hat.

Of course we had to take a picture with the German flag!

At the bar with the hat.

Mike with the hat.

Me with the hat.

This is when we ran into Lane's fraternity brothers at the Troll Tavern.

Holley and Gabe with the hat. She took it from Parker - at this point I thought I might get my money back because I wasn't sure Parker would get it back!

Fish with the hat.

And Parker got the hat back...Holley wasn't too thrilled about the idea of giving it back.
After Gold Rush and Oktoberfest Eden and I were able to spend a few moments in Snellville before we headed back home. Once again we travelled at night in order to avoid a grumpy traveller! When we got home, we returned to a still sick Daddy and a stitched up Ginger. Lane went to the doctor Tuesday morning and they told him he had "walking pneumonia" which, from what we understand, is the stage between bronchitis and pneumonia. The good news about it is that it's bacterial so he's able to be on antibiotics and he's finally starting to feel better. He will go back to the doctor on Monday to see if he's well enough to start flying again on Tuesday. We're going to keep our fingers crossed that this is possible because it's been so long since he's flown and he's starting to feel behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment