Background

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, our lives aren't even beginning to slow down...AT ALL...these days. I guess we just keep finding things to do and, well, doing them!

This past weekend Lane and I both went to a swim meet to help out and be timers for the GPAC Invitational. The swim meet was Friday night, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday. For each day we were there at the ends of the lanes timing races and events and heats (and whatever else you do in swimming! ha ha). Lane did it for volunteer hours through work and I just tagged along to tag along. It did make for a long weekend, but it was worth it because if I didn't go with Lane, I would have been at home by myself all weekend. I enjoyed it and was able to meet some of the people that Lane works with - including his boss's boss who was there because his children were swimmers in the meet.

Today we decided that we weren't going to set an alarm and just wake up whenever we wanted to because a weekend full of 5:15am alarms doesn't make for a great weekend. We woke up around 9:30-ish and I made waffles for breakfast. After breakfast we sat on the couch watching TV for a little while and then I took a nap for about 2 hours while Lane watched Star Wars (I quickly found that I had no interest). After my nap, Lane did some work and I cleaned up a little bit because our house turned into a disaster area over the weekend because neither one of us had any energy left once we got home from the meet.

In baby news, we're going to our childbirth class tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday, and then we have another class on Thursday evening. We went to our breastfeeding class on Thursday evening of last week and it was actually a very informative class. All of the moms except for one had their husbands there with them, so Lane also felt right at home since he was in good company. The class covered everything from going back to work and pumping to which pumps are good and why, the whole latching on process and the types of diapers to expect and what not to expect. All in all we learned a lot and I'm excited about the childbirth class tomorrow because it's the same nurse instructor.

As you can see, our lives are super busy this week and then next week my parents will be in town to visit and bring us our car seat/stroller system so I'm not sure when I will update again. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment